Fake id is the go-to for a lot of people. Fake id can come in different ways. It can be in the form of an altered fake id, borrowed id or a manufactured fake id. You may find it difficult at times to tell whether an id is fake or not. How then can you know whether an id is fake?
We’ll hold you by the hand and walk you through, in details, how you can easily detect a fake id.
Manufactured fake id
A manufactured fake id is an id that isn’t issued by the licenced issuing authority. It comes in two forms: front fake id, and back fake id. A front fake id looks legitimate at a bare look but has a wrong bar code. The bar code can either be unscannable or if scannable, won’t show encoded information.
To spot a manufactured fake id:
- You should check the edges of the id. If the id has a square edge, it’s most likely a manufactured front-faked id. A genuine id should have rounded edges all through. Note however that some fake id manufacturers like IDGOD have mastered the art of making fake ids that have rounded edges, which make such id appear real.
- The bar code is one of the core features to easily know a fake id. Because of its cost, some id manufacturers don’t feature bar codes on the manufactured ids. If you can’t read the barcode on the id, then the id is most likely fake. Also, if the information on the id doesn’t match the holder’s information, then the id is likely fake.
However, even fake ids can have bar codes information that correctly match the holders’ information. In IDGOD, we use the best technology to input the correct holder’s information on the barcode.
Borrowed fake id
A borrowed id is not in itself fake. They’re rightly issued by the appropriate issuing authority. However, the acclaimed holder is not the true holder. The id must have been issued to someone else other than the acclaimed holder.
To detect a borrowed fake id:
- Carefully check if the photo on the ID matches with the photo of the id holder. This is one of the effective ways to detect a fake id. If the acclaimed holder is a relative or sibling of the true owner of the id, he or she might bear some semblance with the id photo. However, a closer look at the ID photo and id holder would easily reveal it’s a borrowed fake id.
- Be highly critical of duplicate ids. You should check if the id is a duplicate by looking for your state’s duplicate on the id stamp. Although a duplicate id doesn’t automatically mean the id is a fake one, however, a duplicate id raises serious doubt as to the genuineness of the id.
- Check if the id is an expired card. An expired card is susceptible to being used as a borrowed fake id.
Altered fake id
Another fake id is an altered fake id. It is properly issued by the appropriate issuing authority. However, some vital information in it would have been significantly altered. For example, the picture on the id might have been changed. Also, an underage person might alter his id to gain access to adult persons privileges.
To spot an altered fake id:
- Carefully look at the id to see if there are any changes to its surface texture, colour printing and other peculiar features of the ids of that type. Especially, you should compare the id with ids of that type.
- Critically look at the physical properties of the id. Check for any spots on the id, especially any spots around the date of birth or pictures. If you notice any shinning spots all over those parts especially, then it’s likely to be a fake id.
Further tips to know a fake id
- Ids do have bar codes, ultraviolet watermarks and holograms. You should look out for the holograph images in an id. Most ids have peculiar images that are latently visible when you place them under a light. These images are always small and might be difficult to replicate.
If an id doesn’t have the holographic images, you should know it’s most likely a fake id. Also, if the holographic images do not match with that of similar ids, then it’s most likely a fake id. To properly see the holographic images, you can use a magnifying glass.
At IDGOD, we make ids with appropriate holographic images. We understand that holographic images differ for different id types and so we make all our ids accordingly.
- You should look out for the lamination of the id. Generally, ids are always laminated to protect them from any possible damage. However, fake ids usually have feeble lamination that cannot withstand bending. When you bend any id and it bubbles, this is a pointer that it’s most likely a fake id. However, at IDGOD, we use high-quality lamination when laminating our ids. We don’t compromise on standards.
- You should check the laser perforated holes of the id by placing it under direct light. If it shows some perforated holes, then it’s a genuine id. Otherwise, it’s most likely a fake id.
- You should also look out for the id’s corner. A genuine id would always have a closely knitted id corner. If the corner of any ids can be split or peeled, then it’s most likely they are fake ids. At idgod, we create fake ids with real ids similitude. We ensure the corner of the id can’t be peeled or split.
- You can place an id on an ultraviolet light to detect if it has peculiar security features of ids of that type. After placing on a UV light, if the id doesn’t show the security features, it’s most likely a fake id. Don’t use cheap, low-in tech ultraviolet detectors as they may not be able to accurately detect the fake id. However, at idgod, we produce fake ids with corresponding latently security features.
- Check through the surface of the id to see if it’s too thick or too thin. If it does, it’s most likely a fake id. The paper used in making some fake ids is always different from that used in making original ids. Also, check if there’s any error or misspelling on the ids. If it does, it’s almost certainly a fake id. A real id doesn’t have any misspelling. If you can find any inappropriate abbreviations on the id, this is an indication that it’s a fake id
- You can use an id scanner that performs OCR analysis to detect a fake id. If the scanner detects any defect with the id, it’s most likely a fake id. Also, some fake id manufacturers cannot encode information on an id. You can scan the id to see if any holder information had been encoded into it.
- Check the fonts used in the id and compare with the fonts of ids of that type. Closely look at the characters on the id to see their fonts. If the font differs from ids of that type, then it’s a fake id.
- If the id has the physical description (such as height, colour, weight, etc) of the holder, you can compare the information on the id to the physical features of the acclaimed holder and if there are obvious differences, then it’s most likely a fake id. If the person on the id has dimples, the holder should also have dimples. The height stated on the id should also match the height of the holder.
- You can ask the id holder to append signature on a sheet. If the signature doesn’t match with the signature on the id, then the id is either a manufactured fake id or a borrowed fake id. Of course, signature might slightly vary but should not be glaringly different.
- Most ids always have their signature raised. If an idea doesn’t have a raised signature and cannot be touched, then it’s likely a fake id.
- You can also check if the picture on the id is a clean and clear headshot. If the id has a picture with shadows from an overhead light, then the photo has probably been altered digitally.
Note however that at IDGOD, we produce the best fake ids ever. Our fake ids bear close semblance with real ids. Don’t be surprised, you may not be able to identify our ids as fake ids. They’re that good!
As daunting as it may appear, a fake id can be detected. The best way to do this is to run a physical examination of the id. If ids of that type do have seal, confirm if the id you’re checking has a seal too. You should be familiar with the structure and physical qualities of the type of id you’re verifying.
You can also ask the holder some questions and also notice his or her demeanour to know if he has a fake password. If the holder is unnecessarily timid and avoids eye contact, he or she might be holding a fake id.